Tuesday, October 09, 2007

~Happy Autumn~


Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin. God lifts you up, takes you in,
and washes all the dirt off of you. He opens you up, touches you deep inside and scoops out all the yucky stuff-- including the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc. Then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside you to shine for all the world to see. This was passed on to me from another pumpkin. Now, it is your turn to pass it to a pumpkin. I liked this enough to send it to all the pumpkins in my patch. Happy Fall!

I know this lovely verse has been floating around but I love it so much and simply felt a need to share with you. I don't think we can "hear" good words often enough:)
Hug Life, Marylou

5 comments:

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Wow, Mary Lou! That was a great analogy. And a wonderful testimony. Thank you. I've just recently started blogging and I think it is fun so far. I also enjoy reading the other blogs out there. Keep 'em comin!

Justabeachkat said...

Mary Lou

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your very sweet message. Please come back anytime...you're always welcome.

I've sure enjoyed my visit here to your blog and will be back.

BTW, I love big hats too!

Hugs!
Kat

ellen said...

Thanks, as always. Good thoughts here! Hope your Sunday is/was all you wished for.

a Pocket Angel said...

Marylou, Did you get my 3 emails I sent you on Oct. 14? Hope all is OK with you.. I'm starting to worry. Please email me isabellascloset@aol.com..
Hugs & Love, ~Mary~ :-}

Lallee said...

I love this analogy.