Sunday, November 25, 2007

~Wasn't It Just Easter??????????~



Okay, correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it just Easter??? I know Thanksgiving came early this year, we are still in the month of November with a whole week left and yesterday I saw cars toting their freshly purchased Christmas trees home!!! How are they gonna keep those puppies green till Christmas? Even in water my trees when bought during the first week of December dry, droop and drizzle by Christmas Eve and I like to keep her up till after New Years so by then I have that "Charlie Brown" tree syndrome:-( I digress, back to the issue at hand. I could have sworn I was just basting the Easter Ham and this past Thursday I had a Turkey in the oven. YIKES....time is going by and everyone forgot to tell me!!! I know, I am simply getting older...bawaaaaahhhaaaaaa....I don't mind aging, BUT God, please don't let me forget it:-) Well, I have made a list for DH today. Gotta get the Christmas lights up outside, pull my boxed Christmas decorations out of the black hole (the black hole is my name for our garage, once something is placed in there it is never to be found again) I imagine I should prepare the fireplace mantle for my clever new Christmas decor, uhuh, the same one I have used for the past 7 years or so:) Now, I am NOT complaining...I love Christmas. I just want to make sure it doesn't happen without ME!! Happy Holidays ya all!
Hug Life, Marylou
ps. I think I had better check my Zen manual for all this, there must be some chant or meditation I can incorporate for ENJOYING EACH DAY AS IT COMES ^-^

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I refuse to even think about Christmas at least until it is December. Coca Cola had Santa on the cans before Halloween. I have to say it's starting to feel a bit too commercial for my taste...I'm working to hang on the the real meaning of Christmas. You know the one that doesn't involve credit card debt.

Mrs. G.

ellen said...

Life at the speed of sound..that's what it is for sure.
We don't get a tree until about a week before Christmas, and I always pick the most pathetic one in the lot. I have a thing about pathetic trees. They just whisper, "Take me home with you, please. No one else will love me but you."...and of course, I take them home.
Zen time!

Anonymous said...

Before we know it we'll be writing 2008. Wow!!!
~Grace~

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

It is here!!! Mary

a Bohemian Market said...

Hey Marylou:
It is here and what fun and a joyful season it will be. I just picked up my box of goodies and will e-mail you. Then I will take photos and post them : )
I am giggly I am so excited!!!
Big Love
Hooter

Darla said...

Decorations don't go up here by the Bay until Dec. 15. I seem to always lag behind the rest of the crowd.

Darla