Friday, July 06, 2007

~HOME.........AT LAST???????????~

I have returned from the depths of the vast deep sea:) I only hope I can remain home for awhile, between the wedding and the July 4th celebrations all I can say is........ I am POOPED:-) Well, the unthinkable happened....I knew it would....only a matter of time. Ya know what, in life if we all wait long enough "sh#t happens"..please forgive the profanity but sometimes the only words that truly express our thoughts and feelings are the "naughty" ones:-) I digress again....which I am starting to believe has something to do with procrastination and possibly A.D.D.....hey, look.....there goes a squirrel:) Seriously, if you can follow this post you are a better woman than I!!!! On Wednesday morning we boarded the sailboat, which I must mention is ours only to prove this irrelevant theory of mine. Because she is ours, since the year 2000 I have been aboard her many, many, many times. She is not small...33' and quite comfortable. She has a pilot house which makes her also known as a motor sailor so in bad weather we sit in the comfort of a sheltered room, gazing out to the white caps with no fear of getting wet...which most sailors enjoy,(getting wet) go figure!! I think I must be a "Dock" sailor:-)All this being said as we cruised out of our dock, with my daughter and her friend everything was "coming up roses". We had ravaged the local deli and filled the boat with all our favorite foods and drinks, loaded to the gills with Italian Prosciutto, several fab cheeses, salads, (all organic of course because of my daughter, the bio-chemist) and several amazing bottles of red wines. This happens to be my favorite manner of dining, an antipasto of delectable goodies and an amazing bottle of Merlot. Okay..I hope you are getting the picture. Everything I love in life is on this boat...my hubby, my daughter and my Italian REDS:-) (no ladies, not girls...wines:-)....The weather is co-operating perfectly with us, blue skies and temps well into the 90's but on the water it always feels so cool, that brisk breeze feathering ones face, heaven on earth. So, off we meander to take a soothing cruise under the Golden Gate Bridge, back around to Angel Island, a skip and a jump over to Treasure Island and lets not forget Alcatraz. Are ya with me so far??? Good! We are enjoying a very nice Louis Martini Merlot, some delish marinated olives and a lovely tray of tasty tidbits and I glance over at the horizon and for some strange reason my tummy felt odd. Can't explain this because it never felt like this before. Let me preface this by saying I had maybe 2 sips of my wine and had eaten a good breakfast so I know there is no reason for the churning in my tummy...gosh, could it be the flu coming on??? No, not that quickly!! Now my head is feeling rather strange, dizzy one might say. If you know me that is not unusual (big grin here) Back to the tummy dealy....I am not feeling well and decide to leave the top of the boat where the fresh air is and lay down in the aft cabin....BIG MISTAKE WHEN ONE HAS MOTION SICKNESS! YEP..........That is what I was dealing with. First time in many, many years. So, my daughter's friend is a doctor and he is explaining to me I need to NOT lay down but sit outside, watching something that is NOT moving...yeah, right, when you are on a moving boat what is not moving??? Okay, fair enough...the horizon seems to be stable so I try to focus on that being the good sport that I am:):) THAT DID IT.....I shall not go into detail but let it be known that the waters of the San Francisco bay and my face made more contact that I would have preferred as I leaned over the side of the boat and....well......I think you may have the picture and it is NOT a pretty one!!!! I now consider many fish groups and seals in the bay my new dear friends, we got kinda up close and personal:-) Dr. Dave brought me some ginger ale and I did my best to "hang" with the group but by the time the fireworks show began I was oohing and aahing to the "beat of a different drummer" wanting desperately to return to our dock and the comfort of my cabin.

I shall not forget this July 4th nor shall I want to return to our boat soon which I now refer to as that "demon".... I told my hubby, it will be a cold day in H#LL before I board this ocean floating menacing vessel!!!!! I believe mentally he believes that will happen sooner, rather than later...ahhhh, men and their toys! Peace to all and don't forget to Hug Life, even when the CHOPPY WATERS get ya:) Marylou

3 comments:

ellen said...

Ooooh and Ish and Yuk! I am so sorry your trip turned out so tummy upsetting! You needed some ginger on board.
Thanks for checking in on me and your sweet and wonderful comments. I don't know that I could do such a thing as a real book. I don't have the confidence and truly don't think I have the talent...but I sure appreciate your support!
Get some rest!

Anonymous said...

You needed ginger snaps:) But, once the damage is done it is hard to recoup...hang in there ML!!!!
Helen

Miss Robyn said...

thanks for stopping by my new blog! And for the words :). bright blessings, Robyn